Minnesota Deer Hunters Association (MDHA) is a 501 (c) (3), Non-Profit organization that continuously strives to build our hunting and conservation legacy.
Nearly 20,000 members in chapters across this great state support our mission and organization. Get involved by becoming a member today. Join us!
MDHA has an Executive Board of Directors who are volunteers that oversee the Mission and Visions of the organization comprised of the Executive Committee and the Regional Directors. All these volunteers are members of chapters in communities throughout Minnesota. Click HERE for a copy of our most recent Corporate Bylaws to read about how we operate!
- The Executive Committee oversees the organization’s goals and makes decisions that MDHA’s Executive Director carries out.
- The Regional Directors help all chapters within their boundaries with fundraising and other support measures.
- Click HERE for a list of Executive Board Members, Lobbyists, and Whitetales Editors.
- Members are the heart of MDHA. Each member contributes to the mission by sharing their voices, donating funds and getting involved.
- Chapters are comprised of those members who join forces because of traditions, camaraderie and MDHA’s mission.
The winter of 1968 – 1969 was a brutal winter in northern Minnesota which prompted a group, which subsequently named itself Save Minnesota Deer, to seek the attention and assistance of the legislature to save the starving deer in Minnesota. Eleven years later, with this group success, members made a decision to increase their purpose and to create an organization to span the entire state of Minnesota. On June 30, 1980 one such organization evolved – Minnesota Deer Hunters Association (MDHA) – created by hunters, for hunters.
Over the last 35 years, MDHA has been building our hunting and conservation legacy through habitat, education and advocacy. With nearly 20,000 members throughout the state, MDHA works in Minnesota for Minnesota through our main tenets which include habitat, education and advocacy.
- Produces public policy positions regarding wildlife and hunting
- Promotes good sportsmanship, hunting ethics and safe hunting practices
- Promotes and maintains high quality deer habitat
- Provides opportunities for deer hunters to meet, share experiences and develop an inclusive spirit
- Educates hunters and the public on the value of the sport of deer hunting
- Supports the enforcement of regulations which curtail the illegal taking of deer
- Supports efforts to increase opportunities for deer hunting on both private and public lands
Building Minnesota’s hunting and conservation legacy through education, habitat and advocacy.
We ensure that the culture of deer hunting in Minnesota is being upheld by improving opportunities through: